February 20, 2013

The Liebster Award Nomination


Recently I found out that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award by Lauren of If It's Not Baroque.  Lauren is really sweet to have considered me for the award and I am so excited that she likes my blog! 

Liebster Blog Award


If you haven't heard of the Liebster Award before, it is an award given to up and coming bloggers that have less than two hundred followers.  It lets other bloggers give you a blog applause to show you are loved and it in turn gets your blog out there a bit more. 

Thanks again Lauren for the nomination.

So per the rules of the award, I will share 11 random things about myself, answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated me, and then I will pick 11 blogs of my choosing that I feel deserves the Liebster Award and give them 11 new questions to answer.

11 Random Things About Me

1.  I am originally from England and came to the U.S. when I was 6 years old.  All of my relatives and one brother still live there.  We visit every few years, but are long over due to take the kids there on their first trip to Europe.

2.  I was published in a cake design magazine various times for the cakes I created when I had my cake business.  I took the design and color planning that I put in to cakes and turned it in to designing homes.

3.  I have to run water when I brush my teeth because the sound of people brushing their teeth runs through me like nails on a chalk board.  My poor husband every night has to sit there with the water running until he is completely finished brushing his teeth.

4.  I hate scary movies!  For my husband I went and watched one of the SAW movies, but it still bothers me till this day.  I am proud of myself for currently watching The Walking Dead, but I watch it while covering my eyes a lot!

5.  My favorite thing to wear is a long cotton maxi dress and flip flops.  I just feel like you can look great in it without having to try hard.  It's like your wearing a night gown so you are cheating by not really getting dressed.

6.  I eat 2 eggs and 2 pieces of turkey bacon every morning while drinking my coffee.  You would think I would get tired of eggs, but for some reason I don't.  On occasion, I change it up, but I always go back to my two eggs over medium with my turkey bacon.

7.  My favorite pattern is stripes on anything.  I am going to be painting my mum's curtains in stripes.  I just purchased shower curtains in Navy and White stripes for my kids bathroom and when I went out this morning to look for a dress for the Bridal Shower I'm attending this weekend, I came back with three dresses and each dress has a striped pattern.  You may call it an addiction, I just call it devotion to stripes ;-)

8.  When I go out for dinner I order either Salmon or Fish and Chips.  On occasion I go crazy and order a cheese burger, but if it is a Seafood restaurant I usually order Salmon or if I am at a pub, I will  always try their fish and chips.

9.   I speak unknowingly with a British and American accent when telling a story if my parents and husband are in the room together.  If I look at my husband, the words come out with an American accent and if I look at my parents or any other British person, the words come out with a British Accent.  I don't notice I'm doing it until I see my husband kinda giggle sometimes. 

10.  I find it very easy to decorate other people's homes, but when it comes to my own home, I can't decide what I want to do.  When I work with a client and we decide on the style of room they want, I will take off and go put it all together.  When it's me at home and I have designed a board for a room, I will usually end up changing up the board several times before I am really happy.  This year, my goal is just to go with my gut and start getting some much needed projects finished around the house.

11.  My favorite thing to do lately is end the evening with my husband, kids, and doggy all in our bed watching one of our favorite shows.  It's like our wind down time.  The kids love that show Total Blackout which is hosted by Jaleel White (the guy who played Urkel).  People go in to dark rooms and have to guess what they are touching.  Most of the men on the show scream more than the women so we are always cracking up at it.


 11 Questions to Answer


1.  What is something you would like to achieve in 2013?
 
I would like to be more organized with my home and business!
 
 
2.  What do you collect?
 
I would have to say white dishware.  Kind of boring, but I love to see my meals in pretty shaped white dishware.

3. What is your favorite blog and why? 
 
 Picking just one is so hard.  I guess I would say House of Turquoise might be my favorite because I have found so much great inspiration from the pictures she shares that helps inspire me when  I am decorating a home.

4.  Name a person you would like to be for one day?
 
I would like to be Paula Dean for one day.  I so desperately would love to cook in her kitchen and her laugh just gets me every time.

5.  If they made a movie about your life, who would play you? 
 
Julian Moore I think because we have similar physical characteristics and her personality seems to be closest to mine.

6.  Looking out your front door, what do you see or show a picture  of what you see?
 
Can we look out my back door ;-)  That is such a pretty view.  Looking out my front door, I just see the neighbors house across the street.

7.  Silver or Gold?
 
Ewww, that is tough.  I'm going with silver, but gold is making a huge come back in decorating. I love the feeling it gives a room.

8.  Who is your most hated celebrity and why?
 
My current least liked celebrity is Maria Carey.  She just feels very full of herself and fake when I watch her on American Idol.

9.  What is your favorite TV show?
 
By far Dexter!  I think Michael C. Hall is the greatest actor and it doesn't hurt that my husband looks quite a bit like him.  My brother just got to meet him when he was in Utah and he showed Michael C. Hall the pics on his phone of my husband and I dressed up as Dexter and his victim for Halloween.  I can die happy :0)
 
10.  What is your favorite color combination?
 
Right now I think it is Navy and White.  If you consider white a color, if not then Navy and Gray.

11.  Why did you start a blog?
 
I got started blogging to share my DIY projects with people and to keep track of our home transformation.
 

Here are My Fellow Nominees
 
1. Driven By Decor
2. SoPo Cottage
3. Home Styling 101
4. Home By Ally
5. Angee Bee's
6. Creative Raisins
7. JVW Home
8. Urbane Jane
9. Lipstick Camouflage, and Farm Life
10. So Haus Interior Design
11. J S Chronicles


The Rules for My Fellow Nominated Bloggers
 
1.  Add the award icon into your blog

2.  Link to your nominator and say thank you

3.  Post 11 random things about yourself

4.  Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you

5.  Nominate 11 bloggers (and let them know)

6.  Post 11 new questions to the bloggers you nominated
 

 

11 Questions for the Nominees

 
1.  What is your favorite type of project to do?
 
2. Where would you like to take your next trip?
 
3. What is your favorite dessert?
 
4.   What is your favorite movie of all time?
 
5.  What is your go to item when it comes to clothing accessories?
 
6.  What was the area like where you grew up? 
 
7.  What is your favorite wall color?
 
8.  If you have down time, what do you like to do?
 
9.  What does your normal everyday schedule look like?
 
10. What is your favorite activity you like to do besides DIY projects or decorating?
 
11. What is the one piece of advice that you would like to share with bloggers who are just beginning their blogs?
 

1 comment:

  1. Thx Helen for the honorable award! And I loved reading your fun notes. Although, I must say alot of your answers are similar to what I would say...so i'll try to be different....tuff questions to narrow down tho right?
    My next wk is crazy busy, but i'm hoping to complete my Liebster tasks when time allows.
    Thanks again for the shout out!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete