March 03, 2013

New Purchases for the Office Makeover!

I have been slowly making some purchases for the Office Makeover.  This past week we went to Ikea, Target, and my Mother-In-Laws.  You can shop at your M.I.L.s if she is getting rid of stuff.  It's ok ;-)  Especially if she has good taste and if she is doing a new built in desk system in her master bedroom and getting rid of a pretty much brand new World Market Josephine Desk like this one...






With a trade for our old electric piano, I was thrilled! 


On our trip to Ikea, I purchased a few items for the office including the Kvarnik Storage Boxes in two different sizes...

KVARNVIK Box with lid IKEA This box is perfect for storing your DVDs, games, chargers remotes or desk accessories.
I got two in this size (8 1/4 x 11 1/2 x 6)


KVARNVIK Box with lid IKEA This box is suitable for storing your newspapers, magazines, photos or other memorabilia.
I also picked up two in this size (15 x 11 1/2 x 6)

I figured these would be great to store fabric samples and paint swatches.


For the office chairs I wanted for my clients, I decided on two of the Henriksdal gray linen slipcovered dining chairs...

HENRIKSDAL Chair with long cover IKEA

I purchased the chairs, so on my next trip to Ikea I will be purchasing the slipcovers to go with them.


And finally, while I was at Target picking up my new lamps, I saw this shiny little side table that I think will be a fun addition to the office...



I will have to wait and see how the room feels with this table because the original desk I had in mind was more industrial than modern and since the new desk is more modern, I don't want everything to feel super modern in there.  I may end up with a more simple wooden side table. 
 
 
 
I really like the feel of where the office is going overall!
 
If you enjoyed this post and don't want to miss out ;-) click up top there on the right and follow along ;-)
 
For information on my on-line design services, please click here.
 
 
For on-site design services {Greater Hampton Roads and Richmond Virginia}, please email seasideinteriors01@gmail.com for pricing and availability.
 
Seaside Interiors






 


 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment