March 12, 2013

Sophia's Big Girl Spring Inspired Bedroom Makeover

Today I wanted to share an Online Design Board that might just get you in to the spirit of Spring!!!

I was contacted by a lovely lady who was looking to have her daughter's room transformed from the toddler stage to a beautiful Big Girl Bedroom!  On the list of wants for the room, she said that her daughter really loves nature, but she wanted to bring that in to the design in a girly way.  I was pretty much starting with a fresh palette except for one dresser in the room that will become a DIY project.

So here is what I came up with for Sophia... 

 
The starting point for me was a pillow I came across on Etsy and just fell in love with it!  I decided to keep the walls white and have the color come in with all of the furniture and accent pieces.  The dresser that is currently in Sophia's bedroom is similar in shape to the one in my design board so a little DIY paint project with new hardware and it will feel like a whole new piece of furniture.  I really like how it all came together with the touches of birds and owls and Spring time, but still giving her the girly space to grow in to.
 
I hope you like the fun Design Boards that I have had the opportunity to share.  I am having a blast creating them.  Last week I received a request all the way from AUSTRALIA to create a soft palette Nautical Nursery Design Board for a soon to be baby boy.  Ahhh Australia!!  I am so excited!  The room is just about complete and should be posted this week. 
 
Source List For Sophia's Bedroom
 Jenny Lind Style Twin Bed Frame
 Birdy Wall Art
Pink floral Pillow
 
Pottery Barn kids Owl Bookends
 
Pottery Barn kids Clock
 
Pottery Barn Teen Quilt
White Umbra Wall Flowers
Spello Arabesque Rug
 
 Dresser Inspiration
 
Aqua Frames


 
If you enjoyed this post and don't want to miss out ;-) click up top there on the right and follow along ;-)

 

For information on my on-line design services, please click here.

 

For on-site design services {Greater Hampton Roads and Richmond Virginia}, please email seasideinteriors01@gmail.com for pricing and availability.
  
 


  If you would like to order an Online Design Package for a room in your home for the sale price please email me at seasideinteriors01@gmail.com.
 
 
Seaside Interiors


 
Linking To:
 

2 comments: